Emoyeni is a faith-based organization that adheres unapologetically to Christian principals and teachings. It is from our deep convictions regarding Christ’s mandate to take His love and His gospel into the world that we draw our motivation. Our perseverance in spite of unimaginable odds is fueled by this faith alone: that by God’s grace we shall succeed in our quest to lighten the burden of the poor. We desire above all through our actions to present a living example of Christ to the world.
That being said, it should be understood that Emoyeni and affiliates will offer direct aid (medical, nutrition, clothing), foster care, educational activities and programs in a manner which does not discriminate against recipients based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability. In other words, if someone is in need and we are able to help, that person will be helped with no questions asked.
When asked concerning the tenets of our faith, the board of Emoyeni is proud to adhere to one of the most ancient and widely accepted creeds in the Christian church, the Apostle’s Creed, which is stated as follows:
1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
2. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary:
3. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:
4. The third day He rose again from the dead:
5. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
6. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead:
7. I believe in the Holy Ghost:
8. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:
9. The forgiveness of sins:
10. The resurrection of the body:
11. And the life everlasting. Amen.